03.07.2012

20°00,26'N, 22°21,63'W, 4days&4 hrs &613 nm after start

Another beautiful day is accompanying us, the quietest day so far. The sea has calmed down, almost no clouds visible and it's warm enough to be outside in T-Shirt or even without clothes. The reflections of the sun are sparkling all around us. Last night I had a strange visitor. As I was sitting in my night shift reading my book I heard a big "bang" to my right side on the sprayhood. This came out of nothing and as you can imagine it scared me in this otherwise so beautiful night. Next I heard a noise to my right, as if something was hopping. So I figured a sea citizen must have stopped by. And yes, indeed, there was the flying fish trying to get off the boat again (and finally succeeded to hop over board). I just imagined how it would have been without the sprayhood. That stupid flying fish would have jumped right onto my book. Well, what can I say. This morning we found about 5 dead flying fish on board, Marcus put them all back to the sea. That was all that happened besides 2 dolphins which passed by the boat last night before sunset, but did not play with us. Our shifts are very flexible depending on how tired Marcus is. Last night he was not very tired and I had not really slept so I got 6hrs of being in bed before he went to bed again. We have come to enjoy our time here together and we spend quite some tome together, not only the planned hrs a day. It is very precious time that we have together and we enjoy it very much. I love listening to the calm sound of the ocean and enjoying the cradle, although my stomach is still a bit off. But I can say it's beautiful out here. I love the endless space (our big pool) and peace. Wish you could feel and see this, too. Enjoy your day. Michaela

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen