23.06.2012

Cooling down

The weather is cooling down, we're cooling down. Or slowing down. Since it is clear now that we will be here til thursday next week (hopefully our parts arrive on wednesday) we slowed down a bit with our work. We sleep longer and even take a lunch break (which at the same time is our breakfast and dinner break ;-) ). Marcus happily filled up the newly installed bags and made me a net for vegetables while I finished my sewing by sewing a cover for my sewing  machine and repairing the cover of the Dingi motor. Marcus desperately wanted to store my toy away. Pah. He will have to take it out tomorrow so I can finish the mosquito nets. I cut them today and made a construction with a rubber band. Then I wen to the city to get those heavy bands for the curtain (lead) to have the cuirtain lying down havily on the boat. I will need to sew the lead band to the nets. So I got something to do tomorrow. But at least today for a while the boat was clean and empty - well, visually empty. Don't look behind and under the seats, bed, bilge.....everything is piled up there. Sapreparts, rubber bands, tools, sewing machine, cloth, in short: anything we might need for any repair. All that stuff definitely takes up more space than the food. It's more important, can be life saving ;-)
While I did the sewing Marcus cleaned the whole boat. Vacuumed it and then swiped the floor.
After I returned from my shopping tour around 8.30pm we went to the Sailor's bar to the see second half of the soccer game Spain - France. Spain won 2:0. The corwd was happy. Fiesta en Espana. Maybe that's the reason I am seeing an enormeous firework near the harbour right now?
It's 1 a.m. sunday already now, we're sitting in the restaurant "Pier 19" (which our boat neighbour across the pier owns), cause the internet is better here and I can use it.
Years ago if you were to go on a trip like ours you would have organized everything at home and then have left. You would have maybe been able to phone home once in a while, that was it. Inbetween you were gone, Nowadays you just sit down at any restaurant, connect your computer and it's like being at home. You talk to your friends and family via  Skype with Video more live than at home, you send E-Mails, you manage your bank accounts, listen to your answering machine from home etc. Isn't that weired. It's very comfortable. Your home is in a computer. Yet it takes a bit of the adventure away. I can still remember when I went to Australia, some 20yrs ago, with my good friend Cornelia. We talked on the phone, set a date and met in Sydney at the airport. I said "good bye" to my mom, "see you in a couple of weeks" and off I was. She did not want me to go, just the two girls. She was afraid something would happen. But we were never in danger. My dad also worried about my well being, so he gave me a calling-card number and I had to call him and my stepmom once a week. And that was great communication already! Many years later, when I went on business travels, I Skyped with him. Gratis. For free. Amazing.
I love the adventure. And I love communication. So I do love these new possibilities. They give kind of security, don't they. Or worries??  If I don't get to post for a while on the trip I hope you don't get worried immeditately. Wait a bit ;-) We might have to get the water out of the boat after those waves broke over us ;-)
Wow, the firework just stopped after a 15 min. eruption. It was beautiful to see.

Well, enough story for today. We're leaving now, going back to the boat.
Have a great saturday/ sunday, wherever in this world you are.

Michaela

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen